Wrongful Death Attorney
If you suspect that negligence may have played a role in the unfortunate loss of your loved one, I am here as your wrongful death attorney to guide and assist you at every step. Contact me to schedule a free consultation so we can delve into the specifics of your situation, enabling me to offer tailored guidance on how best to support you.
Bradshaw Coones, PLLC
Let a Skilled Wrongful Death Lawyer Assist You in the Fight Against Negligence
Losing a loved one due to someone else’s careless actions happens more often than we realize. A fatal accident can happen in just a matter of seconds when someone behaves negligently, recklessly, or carelessly. In the unfortunate event of losing a loved one due to someone else’s negligence, it can be overwhelming to deal with the legal system and cope with grief at the same time.
As a personal injury attorney, I understand the deep pain and uncertainty that comes with an unexpected death. With over a decade of experience as a practiced wrongful death lawyer, I have helped countless families like yours, and I am here to help you during this difficult time. At my personal injury law firm, I will guide you with compassion, expertise, and an unyielding commitment to getting justice for you.
What is a Texas Wrongful Death?
Wrongful death occurs when someone’s death in Texas is caused by the negligence, recklessness, or intentional act of another person or entity. This can encompass a wide range of situations.
For instance, when a loved one dies due to a hospital’s medical malpractice or a driver’s disregard for traffic safety, the surviving family may file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Negligence means failing to act with the care a responsible medical practitioner or driver would in similar circumstances. All individuals and organizations have a duty to exercise reasonable care in their actions to avoid causing harm.
Wrongful Death Attorney Helping Surviving Family Members Seek Justice After a Tragic Loss
As your trusted wrongful death attorney, I understand that you might have questions and concerns about the legalities surrounding the untimely passing of your loved one due to negligence. To address these, I offer a free consultation where we can discuss the specifics of your case, find out if your claim has a possible wrongful death settlement, and explore the best way forward.
As your wrongful death lawyer, my primary goal is to offer you customized advice on how to proceed with the legal process while providing you with the necessary support to obtain the justice and financial compensation that you and your family are entitled to. Contact me today to schedule your free consultation and take the first step towards healing and resolution.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit in Texas?
Only close family members who lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence can bring a wrongful death case in Texas. These are:
These types of family members can file with a Texas attorney for a wrongful death claim.
Personal Injury Attorney Mary Bradshaw Coones By Your Side
Filing Your Claim With a Texas Attorney for Wrongful Death
Losing a loved one due to someone else’s negligence can be devastating. For example, it can happen in a car accident, at work, due to medical malpractice, or a defective product. In such cases, families may choose to file a wrongful death lawsuit. This is a legal action that aims to hold the responsible party accountable for their actions and provide compensation to the surviving family members for their emotional and financial losses.
Insurance companies are typically involved in these cases. They might hire attorneys and experts to investigate the claim. Therefore, it’s important to act quickly to preserve evidence and talk to witnesses. Insurance adjusters may contact you and sound friendly, but they don’t work for you. They might try to get you to settle your case quickly by making potentially misleading statements. Speak to a wrongful death attorney before you communicate with an insurance adjuster.
To win a wrongful death case, it’s essential that you and your wrongful death attorney can prove that the defendant acted negligently. This means they failed to act with reasonable care in similar circumstances. A wrongful death settlement to your lawsuit can help families cover expenses such as funeral costs, lost income, and medical bills. It also provides a sense of justice and accountability for the defendant’s actions.
What Wrongful Death Settlement Can I Receive?
A wrongful death lawsuit aims to provide financial compensation for the harm caused to both the deceased and their surviving family.
Here’s a breakdown of the different types of damages your wrongful death attorney can secure for you:
- Imagine the deceased was earning money and contributing to their family’s financial well-being. This wrongful death lawsuit seeks to replace the income lost due to their death.
- This aspect of the wrongful death settlement considers the deceased’s age, job, earning potential, and life expectancy to estimate how much they would have earned in the future.
- If the deceased incurred medical expenses due to the accident or illness that led to their death, these costs can be recovered through the wrongful death lawsuit.
- If the deceased experienced physical or emotional pain before dying due to the wrongful act, their suffering can be compensated.
- This goes beyond just financial support. It includes the practical and emotional help the deceased provided to their family, such as childcare, housework, advice, and companionship.
- This acknowledges the emotional loss and grief experienced by the family due to the death. It covers the intangible ways the deceased enriched their loved ones’ lives.
- The emotional pain and suffering endured by the family after the death can also be compensated in the form of a wrongful death settlement. This includes anxiety, depression, and emotional distress.
- In special cases where the wrongful act was intentional, reckless, or done with malicious disregard for human life, punitive damages might be awarded. These are meant to punish the responsible party and deter similar conduct in the future.
Bradshaw Coones, PLLC
Schedule a Free Consultation with an Attorney for Wrongful Death in Texas—Contact Me Today
If you think you have a valid reason to file a lawsuit for wrongful death, you can start by requesting a free consultation with a wrongful death lawyer. A Texas attorney for wrongful death such as myself can be an excellent resource and provide you with the necessary support to pursue justice.
Remember, time is of the essence because if you miss the state’s deadline, you may lose the right to file your case. To schedule your free consultation, please contact me at my personal injury law firm today.